2006年11月6日 星期一

陳定南的親情書信(五)


打電話 (Making a Phone Call)


  1. Is this American Airlines?


  2. Is this International Business Machine Corporation?


  3. This is Mr. Anderson speaking, is this 721-3600?


  4. Extension 2356, please.


  5. This is David Chen speaking, may (can) I talk (speak) to Mr. Washington, please.


  6. I would (I'd) like to talk to Mr. Jefferson.

  7. Would you please connect me with Mr. Lincoln?

  8. When will he be back?

  9. When will he come back?

  10. When do you expect him to return?

  11. When do you expect him Back?

  12. Do you know when he will be back?

  13. Can you tell me what time Mr. Ford will be back?

  14. Can you tell me when you expect Mr. Ford to return?

  15. Who is in charge here (please)?

  16. Is there anyone who can speak English?

  17. (Please) Give me someone who can speak English.

  18. Would you please tell Mr. Williams that I (David Chen) called?

  19. Would you please have Mr. Kennedy call me back? My name (This) is David Chen, and my phone number is 2700-3600 extension 15, thank you.

  20. All right, I will call him later.

  21. Yes, please, tell him to call the Ambassador Hotel, room number 301 as soon as he comes in.



接電話(Answer to the Call)




  1. Yes sir, may I help you?

  2. This is David Chen speaking.

  3. Yes, this is he.

  4. Yes, speaking.

  5. May I have your name, please?

  6. Who is this, please?

  7. Who is calling (speaking), please?

  8. I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch your name, would you mind repeating that?

  9. Who should I say is calling?

  10. Whom are you calling?

  11. Will you please spell his name for me?

  12. Would you mind spelling his name for me?

  13. Please say that again.

  14. Will you please repeat that?

  15. I beg you pardon?

  16. Pardon?

  17. Would you speak a little louder?

  18. I'm very sorry, would you mind speaking a little louder?

  19. Will you speak more slowly?

  20. Mr. Clinton is not available now.

  21. He is just walked (stepped) out (away).

  22. He has not come in yet.

  23. She is in conference now.

  24. Dr. King is attending a meeting now.

  25. She's not at her desk right now, can I take a message?

  26. He's not out of his meeting yet, can I tell him who's calling?

  27. She's not out of her meeting yet, would you like to leave a message?

  28. She will (She'll) be back around two o'clock.

  29. I guess (maybe) he'll be back in half an hour. I am sorry, I don't know exactly.

  30. He has gone home.

  31. He's gone home for the day. May I take a message?

  32. She has already left for home.

  33. May I take your message?

  34. Would you like to leave the message?

  35. May I have him call you back?

  36. I am (I'm) sorry, but Mr. Bush is not available (unavailable). Would you like to speak to any one (someone) else?

  37. I will transfer you to Mr. Mayor.

  38. I'll connect you with the department in charge.

  39. Would you please hold? I will look up (try to find, get) his number for you.

  40. His extension is 3458.

  41. I am sorry to keep you waiting, we are still trying to locate him, would you please hold.

  42. I'm sorry, he doesn't work here any longer. Maybe you can try calling (04)2358-7600, extension 104, they may know how to locate him.

  43. There is no one here by that name, I am (I'm) afraid you have the wrong number.

  44. I am (I'm) afraid you have wrong number.

  45. Please hold.

  46. Don't hang up, I will be right with you.

  47. Wait (Just) a moment (minute/second) please.



本文作者前法務部長 陳定南先生

沒有留言:

張貼留言

如有任何疑問歡迎在此匿名留言詢問, 您的個人資料不會出現在網頁上..謝謝